Budget Development and Maintenance
- Manage and assist stakeholders in the construction of operating budgets, analyzing the division budgets for completeness and necessity of expense.
- Supervise upload of annual operating budget from development into the general ledger.
- Coordinate and conduct the training for the campus budget development system and assist the campus in developing their annual budgets.
- Provide a new fiscal year payroll file to Human Resources, produced from the Budget Development System, for use in the annual campus “payroll load” process.
- Track legislative bills, acts and state appropriations.
- Request, monitor and review annual requests for campus-wide capital projects with the Capital Budget Committee, documenting approvals and maintaining the five-year capital project schedule.
- Work with College Business Administrators and campus stakeholders to approve and affect tuition and fees.
- Analyze tuition and fees based on current rates and anticipated enrollment increases.
SAP Budget Maintenance
- Implement and maintain SAP module/transactions regarding annual operating budgets and troubleshoot all transaction abnormalities in SAP.
- Process required changes to the fiscal year budget as allowed by the Budget Administrative policy, as submitted through the budget revision process.
- Maintain financial and budgetary records of transactions within the budget system.
- Establish and monitor the campus Title Code file to assure compliance with the legislative position authorization.
- Maintain job titles in the Human Resources Organizational Management Module to comply with state regulations regarding title allocation.
- Train new budget users on SAP budget building, transactions and reporting in either group mode or in individual settings.
Distribution of Annual Budgeting Information
- The Director of Budget will distribute the annual budget information to Division Stakeholders. The information can be distributed within divisions at leadership’s discretion. Information distributed will include Line Item Maximum salaries, frequently used budget commitment items and instructions for entering budgets into ZBudget.
- All information pertaining to the annual budget process is centrally located on the Budget Office SharePoint site. It includes a calendar of pertinent dates and any updates throughout the budget planning process. Please contact the Budget Office for access to the SharePoint site.