Board of Trustees
- Complete the annual UAMS Operating Budget Request to the University of Arkansas Board of Trustees, the Division of Higher Education Coordinating Board and the Arkansas Legislative Council.
- Develop and print the annual operating Budget Book. Copies are distributed to the UAMS Campus, University of Arkansas System Office, Arkansas Division of Higher Education and the State Library.
Arkansas Division of Higher Education and Arkansas State Legislature
- Coordinate with Campus Administration to prepare, edit and submit to Arkansas Division of Higher Education the Biennial and Fiscal Budget Requests for Legislative sessions, including special language.
- Coordinate with Human Resources to consolidate, edit and submit to Arkansas Division of Higher Education the Analyses of Personal Services – Classified and Non-Classified budgetary compliance reports.
- Develop and complete all annual Arkansas Division of Higher Education budgetary compliance annual reports.
- Coordinate with Campus Administration the development and printing of the biennial Capital Funding Request.
- Coordinate with Campus Operations the development and printing of the biennial critical maintenance requests through the Facilities Audit Program.
Tracking, Coordinating and Evaluating
- Evaluate legislative proposals affecting campus fiscal operations.
- Monitor legislative bills and acts affecting UAMS appropriations and operations.
- Coordinate Legislative requests between Arkansas Division of Higher Education, other state agencies and campus stakeholders.
- Track legislative appropriations for all state, federal, Development and Enhancement funds, tobacco, and other legislative funding.
- Review legislation, recommend strategies, attend and participate in Legislative hearings and meetings regarding state funding for operation and capital budgets, special language and position requests.